2.Customer: Means any person who requests or on behalf of a company or private individual to undertake any business or provide advice, information or services.
3. Project & Component Order and Delivery: Orders may be placed by letter, E-Mail, telephone or in person and must contain order details, or a video brief. Quotes will be issued and approved prior to project commencement and strict aims and objectives will be agreed between parties. The Business reserves the right to deliver part of orders and accept no liability whatsoever to the delay in delivery. Any delivery charge will be notified when the order is placed. All goods and equipment remain the property of DISTILLED FILMS until full payment is received even if delivered. Any claim for damages/shortages of delivery must be made within 48 hrs and submitted in writing after goods or services are dispatched. We accept verbal instructions on the understanding that you have accepted the terms detailed herewith and as published on our website. Any items not covered in aims and objectives of project, at commencement is considered extra work and will be quoted for and dealt with separately.
4. Payment Terms: Payment must be made strictly one month from the date of invoice. Payments are payable to DISTILLED FILMS. Failure to make the payment on the due date, company shall be entitled to charge 10% interest above basic rate on the overdue amount per month. The Business reserves the right to cancel or suspend all trading arrangements at it’s discretion or for late payment. Applications will be made via the Courts for non payment and will incur additional Court fees and debt collection charges. You will not withhold payment alleging faults with your system/network.
5. Return of Goods and Faulty Goods: DISTILLED FILMS will only accept goods when they are returned with prior authorisation.
6. Specifications and Technical Data: All goods are supplied to Business’s standard specification unless otherwise stated. The Business makes all reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy of technical details but such details are not contractually binding on the company. The Business reserves the right to change technical data without notice.
7. Your Data: DISTILLED FILMS does not accept liability for loss or damage of data. It is your responsibility to back up and verify your data.
7 a. Physical faults with data storage devices and viruses make it impossible for us to guarantee data in any way what-so-ever.
7 b. Giving us your business card or electronic contact via online methods means that you are giving us permission to contact you in the future for business purposes. This information will not be passed on to third parties without your expressed permission. If you wish us to no longer hold this information or to destroy your card, then you can email us or phone us with an instruction to take action. Business cards are destroyed by cutting them up and pulping them before disposal. Email addresses are deleted by removing them from webmail systems.
7 c. Working with us to make a video means that your image and captioned details may be kept on our online portfolio. If you do not wish your likeness or captioned information to be on our portfolio, then you may request us to re-edit it or remove it in entirety. These portfolio videos are used for marketing in that they show potential customers the range and quality of our work.
7 d. Data Portability: if you want a copy of your content, please email us and tell us which format you would like it to be provided in.
7 e. We hold the following personal data: back invoices for 7 years for tax purposes, client contact details during the length of a project – this is usually paper based and not entered onto a database, captions on videos.
7 f. We do not share any personal data with any third party without the owner’s expressed permission.
7 g. Some films are of public benefit in that they are reports on news stories, conveying educational information or have a cultural importance.
8. Data Protection: DISTILLED FILMS only recover or view data we are asked to recover or as is required to correct faults, we do not look for your private documents, passwords, bank details, medical records, images, mpegs, mp3’s unless asked to recover them or view them. We recover files by type i.e. .doc, .xls etc. We are not judgemental and we respect people’s right to privacy. This policy does not however extend to third parties. DISTILLED FILMS cannot be held responsible if data of any type is read, viewed, copied or used in a malicious way, whether legally or illegally viewed, used or copied.
9. Disputes: In the unlikely event of a dispute you must in the first instance put your complaint in writing (not email) and give DISTILLED FILMS the opportunity to rectify the situation. You will agree to abide by these terms and conditions and agree not to challenge them in a court of law in any way what-so-ever.
10. Cancellation of Appointments: If you have a booked time for a project and cancel without 48 hours notice you will be liable to pay for 50% of the hours booked. Our technical and creative crew do not work for free; they are still required to be paid even if their appointment is cancelled.
12. Sign-off of videos: We will provide you with a link to a password-protected Vimeo page showing an initial edit. You must make a list of any alterations you need at this point. This must include timings of where the change must be made. A ‘final’ edit will be made from this list. You will be provided with a download link once the project is signed-off in writing or an email AND once final payment is received.
13. Legal responsibility: By agreeing to contract DISTILLED FILMS, you agree to our terms and conditions on this page, which include you having full legal responsibility for any of the content in your videos once you have signed them off and paid for them.